Living the Chocolate Life, Fashionably
Maybe you’re a lover of all-things-chocolate, but have you ever dreamed of living the chocolate life? You know, 24/7 chocolate. Frankly, it sounds a little nuts to me, but maybe I’m missing something.
* A Japanese spa in Tokyo now features pools where you and your friends can bathe in chocolate, wine, and coffee.
* The DC Ranch Village Health Club & Spa in Arizona just launched ‘Chocolate-Covered Yoga’ classes to teach yogis more satisfying chocolate eating.
* European line MSC Cruises and Nestlé Perugina have joined forces to offer the ‘Chocolate Cruise.‘
* Salon Du Chocolat (or The Chocolate Show) has become a worldwide phenom, turning chocolate confectioners into would-be couture designers.
* Fiesta recently launched a new line of gourmet chocolate condoms (a nice concept, if he/she doesn’t bite down).
* The ‘Cherry Chocolate Rain’ video has already received over 3 million hits on YouTube (compared to only 17 hits for the new Heidi Montag video — ha, kidding! Her video has gotten at least 26 hits.)
The ‘chocolate life’ has even sent some people over the edge. In the March ’08 issue of Men’s Vogue, Renee Zellweger accused Viggo Mortensen of being a ‘chocolate crack dealer.’ And I quote, “There was never a day that he wasn’t plying us with dark chocolates. It was ridiculous. Bags full. Bags full! Bacon-covered truffles. Where was he getting it? He was the chocolate crack dealer.” Now that is my kind of man. Well, except for the bacon part.
What does all of this mean? That life really is like a box of chocolates. That there really is an M&M in all of us. That Augustus Gloop is bringing sexy back? Or does it mean that chocolate can now officially be considered a lifestyle rather than a simple high-calorie confection? (Argh!! I seriously need a Hershey bar right now.)
You don’t have to make chocolate a lifestyle (unless you really want to), but you can certainly add some chocolaty goodness to your daily routine. Here are some of my faves:
Chocolate-Dipped Banana Necklace & Ring at viaalley.com
Moschino Vintage Dripping Chocolate Bag at bagborroworsteal.com
Choco-licious Bracelet at shanalogic.com
Philosophy ‘Just Because’ Chocolate Shower Gel Trio at sephora.com
Chocolate Covered Cherry Necklace at faeriesmak.com
Edible ‘Chaussure a Talon’ Chocolate Shoe at chocolatbydaniel.com
Laura Mercier ‘Chocolate Truffle’ Candle at nordstrom.com
Chocolate Ring at strapya-world.com
Bare Minerals Chocolate Decadence Kit at ulta.com
Hershey’s Sweet Milk Chocolate Lip Balm at sephora.com
And for those of you craving even more chocolate, I leave you with today’s headlines:
- Chocolate Mousse murder trial opens in France today
- Pierre’s brand Dutch Chocolate Ice Cream is recalled by the FDA
- Class action lawsuit filed against chocolate makers for price fixing
- New sugarless chocolate for diabetics launched
- Chemists find way to keep chocolates free of ‘fat bloom’
- “Cherry Chocolate Rain” by Tay Zonday